Monday 31 January 2011

Why I am choosing this course.

After studying Art, history and English at A level art I have found that History of Art is what I want to pursue further in my education. I find that the History of Art, is a massive subject that can stimulate any mind into radical and interesting ideas, through the power of all different minds. Art has always been a dedicated topic of mine, however I never knew a course like this existed until visiting Manchester Metropolitan University opening day, knowing that they supplied a foundation course was even better.
Over the past couple of year I have visited various museums, exhibitions and art galleries, all furthering my passion for the History of Art. I enjoy visiting my local art Museum the Herbert Art Gallery in Coventry where it holds various different exhibitions regularly, recently exhibiting graffiti artists such as Banksy who I find remarkable. I find that Art on its own it a great subject to progress on, however I find the contextual background and passion of the Art is more appealing. As well as visiting these places I also enjoy visiting Stately homes around the country, to me these building and what is in these buildings are truly works of art. Knowing what had gone on in buildings such as Hollyrood, house with Mary Queen of Scots and the murder of David Rizzio can only be told through the eyes of an artist. All the homes and pieces of history I have seen have all made an impact on me and furthered me to choose this course. I feel I would thoroughly enjoy researching new artists and delving into different periods of time, pulling out different artefacts and how they have impacted art today. I want to learn and spread my knowledge with others as much as I can , through different learning techniques that I will learn in university. I feel that no other course would stimulate me as much as the History of Art , as it is my one and only passion and career I wish to pursue.

No comments:

Post a Comment